PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR TRIPP LAKE CAMP ONLINE
Tripp Lake Camp has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site: Tripp Lake Camp.
Our site’s registration form requires users to give us contact information (like their name, email, and postal address), and demographic information (like their zip code, or age).
Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site, only for purposes of displaying contact information on our guestbook file, for the purposes of reuniting past acquaintances, and to update our client address database. Some submissions from children are also used to create content on our web site, such as our Camper Essays section. We also collect some demographic information in order to verify a user is a camper or parent, in order to provide access to some restricted portions of the web site for camp families only.
This site contains links to other sites. Tripp Lake Camp Online is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
This site makes forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Employment and mailing list information/submissions are encrypted and password protected.
- We will NOT collect, use, or distribute to third parties personally identifiable information without prior verifiable parental consent.
- We will NOT give the child access to unmonitored chat rooms, message boards, email accounts, or other services that would give the child the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable information without prior verifiable parental consent
- When verifiable parental consent is not obtained, we will only use the online contact information (such as email) to:
- Respond directly to the child’s request on a one-time basis and not use that information to re-contact the child for other purposes.
- Request the name or online contact information of a parent for the purpose of obtaining verifiable parental consent or providing parental notification.
- Respond more than once directly to a specific request from a child (such as in the case where a child requests a newsletter subscription) and not used to re-contact the child for other purposes. We will use our best efforts to provide parental notification, which will include the nature and intended use as well as an opportunity for the parent to prevent the use of the information and participation in the activity.
- We will NOT entice the child to divulge more information than is needed to participate in any activity, game, or service.
- We will provide the parent a description of the specific types of a personally identifiable information collected from their child upon request. We will allow the parent to refuse further use or future online collection of personally identifiable information and provide a way for a parent to obtain any personally identifiable information collected from their child.
- We will provide notice to children in age appropriate terms of what personally identifiable information is to be collected.
- We will NOT provide any links to Web sites that are unsuitable for children.
- We will encourage children to get their parent’s permission before sharing personal information online.
- To review the information submitted by your child, please submit a request to email@example.com and upon verification, we will forward you a copy of the information submitted.
- Upon request, we will delete any information in our database collected from your child.
You can choose not to provide any information about yourself that will be posted to public areas of the website.
To modify any options for changing and modifying information previously provided, please contact us via email.
Contacting Tripp Lake Camp
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us via email.